SMPA Strategic Plan
The SMPA Board uses a strategic planning process to align organizational direction with the mission, vision and core values of SMPA.
As part of this process, three main strategic categories were identified and evaluated at the Board’s planning session in February, 2017. The categories are, People, Service, and Financial. Each one contains objectives that will guide staff in establishing goals and pathways that move in alignment with the Board’s strategic vision for the cooperative.
The three categories and key objectives are broken down as follows:
- Impeccable Safety Culture
- Authentic and meaningful member outreach, communication and education
- Continually improve the culture of excellence of workforce and Board of Directors
- Implement beneficial technology to provide SMPA members with the best possible service
- Continually look for opportunities to enhance grid security and reliability of service
- Evaluate power supply contracts, utility trends and options that support the board’s strategic vision.
- Ongoing development of comprehensive efficiency, conservation and renewables programs that benefit the members
- Continually evaluate long term financial policy and options to create financial flexibility while maintaining rate stability