About the program
The objective of The New Community Coalition's (TNCC) EcoAction Initiative is to empower individuals and businesses to understand the local and global impacts of their actions, connect to their values, and live more comfortably. This program will help people measure and understand their current energy and resource use, and then inspire them to take actions that save money and reduce their environmental impact. The results are community-wide actions toward a measurable reduction in carbon emissions.
1. Sign up with The New Community Coalition at 728-1340, email@example.com, or at www.ecoactionpartners.org.
2. Provide past 12 months of utility information (including electricity and natural gas/propane) to TNCC staff. This is easy to obtain with a phone call/email to the providers. TNCC can help you with this.
3. Meet with your trained TNCC Mentor at your home for your "EcoAction Checkup."
The Mentor will provide you with a list of carbon footprint reduction and cost savings recommendations.
4. Implement the recommendations that work best for you and your lifestyle.
5. Provide quarterly utility, transportation and waste use to your mentor or TNCC for the next 12 months, so that your accomplishments can be tracked.
6. Have Fun while saving money, reducing utility bills and becoming a more sustainable community member!
What is an EcoAction Checkup?
An EcoAction Checkup is a one to two hour personal energy and carbon evaluation to show you your best areas to focus on to save money, energy, and carbon. After this checkup is completed, you will be able to keep track of your changes online through our ghtracker software.